Business Unit Overview:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food .
Location Description: Michael foods, Inc. located in Chaska, Minnesota is known as the "best small town in Minnesota" with a highly rated school system and home of the PGA Tournament in 2018! As our community grows, we strive to preserve the small town atmosphere. Minutes away from beautiful lakes, major highways, shopping malls and the Twin Cities, it is the perfect location to work!. Our location produces a variety of potato products. For over 100 years, the Michael Foods family of businesses has leveraged quality ingredients and innovative processes to offer the finest products and solutions to our customers and to food-loving consumers. Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Maintenance Department. The Maintenance Supervisor will interface with Production Supervisors, leads, and operators to gather information on issues surrounding the performance of Production and Process equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates repairs, labor and resources, as well as provides requisitions for repair parts. The Maintenance Supervisor schedules Union and Non Union labor for routine scheduled and overtime work. The maintenance Supervisor approves Vacation and PPT requests. The Maintenance Supervisor provides reviews of their direct staff.
Medical, Dental, Vision Company
Paid life insurance
Supplemental life insurance
Up to 136 hours paid time off per year
401(k) with up to a 6% company match
Yearly incentive bonus
Employee assistance program
Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
Short and long-term disability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
- Supervision of maintenance crew.
- Oversee operation of Boiler and Refrigeration Equipment.
- Responsible for forklift maintenance.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment.
- Provides a safe work environment for employees.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records (ie timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc.)
- Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Encourages suggestions from employees which will improve production, quality, safety and/or control costs
- Keeps manager informed on operating and/or employee problems which may require their attention
- Effectively communicate relevant information to employees on shift & to on-coming employees at shift change.
- Communicating all process inefficiencies, equipment malfunctions, safety concerns and GMP issues to the Production Supervisor & Sanitation Supervisor
- General cleaning of equipment and maintaining good housekeeping throughout the department per the daily sanitation checklist.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, Train, Develop Craftsman in multiple disciplines
- Actively Lead/Participate in Maintenance Reliability and CI projects
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance management
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic mechanics, welding, electrical, fabrication, preventative maintenance, plant operations, government environmental and safety regulations.
- Refrigerated foods processing and packaging
- Food safety and sanitation principles (GMP, SQF)
- State and Federal rules and regulations (USDA, FDA, OSHA, etc.)
- Knowledge of plant operations and production scheduling
- Supervising personnel in a manufacturing environment
- Communication and interpersonal relations as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisors, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Be able to recognize problem situations and take appropriate steps to resolve.
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Auto CAD and inventory control computer programs (SAP)
- Advancement planning of direct reports.
- Leadership and team skills (interpersonal, leading teams, communication)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to make detailed presentations and present them to upper levels of management. Managing employees and production operations
- Able to supervise department personnel in a fair and consistent manner.